9 Common online EPF claim rejection reasons. And how can you Avoid it !
One of the benefits of being a member of the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) is that you are entitled to make a claim on your account balance when you retire or leave your job.
EPF claim can be made online through the EPFO website or through the UAN portal. To make a claim, you will need to have your UAN number and KYC details handy.
The process of making an EPF claim is simple and straightforward. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind, such as the age limit for making a claim, the conditions under which you can make a claim, etc.
If you can identify the reason for the rejection, you can take steps to rectify the situation and resubmit your claim. If you are unsure of the reason for the rejection, you should speak to a financial consultant in this situation. Here are few reasons that leads to rejection of the EPF claims.
1. Uploading a cheque with no name
The first condition that may lead to rejection of your claim will be uploading a blank cheque with no name printed or different having a different name than the official records. In this case, your name will not be able to get verified as it is not mentioned or mentioned differently in EPFO accounts.
The common solution for this issue will be to upload a cheque having your name printed on it correctly. You can also upload your bank passbook front page to get your name successfully verified with the official records.
2. Different names in Bank KYC and EPFO records
This happens when a person has registered a different name or different format in bank KYC and another in EPFO records. Even a slight change will lead to the rejection
This is a very common problem and one that can be easily rectified. All you need to do is get in touch with your bank and request them to update your KYC records with your correct name as per your EPFO records.
3. The difference in father's name, account number, address, or date of birth
If your bank details do not match with the office records EPFO account details, your pf claim is likely to get rejected. While filing for a claim makes sure your bank KYC details such as your father's name, account number, address, and date of birth matches with records with EPFO.
For this issue, if you have different details with the bank. Then you should update your KYC with the bank, ask your employer to update the same, and then reapply for the claim. It is important to make sure that all of your records are up to date and accurate to avoid any issues when making a claim.
4. Not Linking your bank account with Universal Account Number(UAN)
If your bank account is not linked with a universal account number then your pf claim is most likely to get rejected. This is because the UAN is the unique identifier for your provident fund account and without it, the authorities will not be able to process your claim.
5. Not linking the Aadhaar card with Universal Account Number(UAN)
The EPFO has recently made it mandatory to link your Aadhaar number with your Universal Account Number (UAN). This is to ensure that your EPF claim is not rejected. If you have not linked your Aadhaar number with your UAN, You can do this online, through the EPFO website or the Umang app.
6. Providing Incorrect bank details
When you're submitting your claim form, make sure that you've entered your bank account number and IFSC code correctly. If you're not sure, you can check with your bank to make sure that the details are correct.
If your claim is rejected because of incorrect bank details, don't worry - you can resubmit your claim with the correct details. Additionally, you would also need to apply to justify your reason for reapplying for the claim.
7. Not fulfilling the EPFO conditions
The most common reason for this is not fulfilling the EPFO conditions. Let's take a look at some of the conditions that must be met to claim your PF:
1) You must have been employed for a minimum of 6 months.
2) Your PF account must be active at the time of claim.
3) You must have all the required documents in order.
4) Your claim must be within the timeframe specified by the EPFO.
5) For certain reasons like lockdown, natural calamity, or shutdown of business, you have to fill up special certificates.
If you don't fulfill these conditions, your PF claim is likely to be rejected. So, make sure you're prepared before you apply for a PF withdrawal.
8. Uploading corrupt or incompatible file
If you try to upload an incompatible or corrupt file in the EPFO claim form, your claim will be rejected. Make sure that you check the file format and size before uploading, to avoid any issues.
9. Wrong details about date of joining and leaving
If you provide the wrong joining and leaving date in your pf claim form, your pf claim will be rejected. This is because the PF office will not be able to verify your employment with the company. So, make sure that you provide the correct joining and leaving dates while filing your PF claim form.
Frequently asked question
1. Can I apply for PF again after rejection?
If you've been rejected for a PF (Provident Fund) withdrawal, you may be wondering if you can reapply. The answer is yes, you can reapply for a PF withdrawal, but there are a few things to keep in mind.
- understand the rejection reason and reapply with the correct details.
- Rectify all details before reapplying
- If you cannot rectify the reason for rejection talk to an insurance consultant
2. How many days will take claim EPF online?
It usually takes around 10-15 days for an EPF claim to be processed online. However, if there are any complications with the claim, it may take longer.
3. Is employer approval required for PF withdrawal online?
No, employer approval is not required for PF withdrawal online.
4. Why your EPF online transfer claim can get rejected by the field office?
Your EPF online transfer claim can get rejected by the field office for several reasons. Here are some of the most common reasons why:
1. Your EPF account is not active.
2. Your EPF account is not in good standing.
3. The field office does not have the required documents.
4. The field office does not have the correct bank account information.
5. The field office is unable to verify your identity.
If your EPF online transfer claim is rejected by the field office, don't worry. You can still resubmit your claim with the correct information.
5. How InsoClaims can help you get your rejected your EPF claim?
InsoClaims is a new platform that can help you get your rejected EPF claim. The process is simple and easy to follow. All you need to do is sign up and provide some basic information about your claim. InsoClaims will then review your claim and provide you with a decision within 24 hours.